USAID through the PRIORITAS program will distribute more than 8 million leveled reading books to 13,000 primary schools and madrasahs. Leveled reading books are books that are developed based on students’ reading abilities. The books are used by the teachers to teach groups of student, according to their reading ability.
The leveled reading books are divided into six levels, starting from simple books for students who are just starting to learn to read (one word per page), to more difficult books for students who are already fluent in reading (one page contains several paragraphs).
Teachers, principals and supervisors of schools who receive the books will receive training on how to use the books. Each school will receive a package containing more than 600 books, consisting of 75 titles which are divided into six levels and include big books for reading together activities, teacher guide books and student worksheets.
Using reading books that are appropriate to students’ reading abilities, it is expected that students will improve their reading, understand the content of what they read and develop a culture of reading.
List of USAID PRIORITAS Facilitators and Schools Partner
- Inspiration in Teacher Governance
- Disseminating Good Practices in Teaching and Learning, SBM, and Developing…
- Mixing Active Learning and Scientific Literacy
- Managing a Reading Culture Program in a School: How is…
- Books in the Classroom Make Students in Papua Happy About…
- A Fun Way to Learn about the Concept of Kinetic…
Education Management and Governance
Coordination between Levels of the Education System
- TTIs Need To Train Teachers Continuously
- National Conference on the Results of Research by Teachers and…
- Assisting 34 Districts to Synergize Education Strategic Plans
- Sragen’s Supervisors Bring PAKEM to Schools
- Tobasa Education Office: We are Obligated to Provide Quality Education
- Five Steps for Effective Mentoring on During Teaching Practicums
Sharing inspirations and experiences forum for principals, teachers, supervisors, lectures, communities, and students in developing a successful school
VIDEO OF GOOD PRACTICES
- Friday, 07 April 2017 | 16:35 WIB
- Friday, 24 March 2017 | 11:20 WIB
- Thursday, 23 March 2017 | 15:16 WIB
- Friday, 30 December 2016 | 09:43 WIB
- Tuesday, 06 December 2016 | 15:41 WIB
- Tuesday, 16 August 2016 | 10:48 WIB
The Eight Million Leveled Reading Book Grant
comments powered by Disqus